#Top 5 Updates of Last Week:
* Meta is working on a decentralised social media app like Twitter.
* Tiktok launched a free resource called “Keyword Insights library” filled with insights about different keywords regarding CPM, trends & more.
* Googles February 2023 Product Reviews Update Finished rolling out.
* ChatGPT 4 launched this week, now available to premium users.
* Tiktok expands “Tiktok search Ads” to more advertisers, target users based on keywords & searches.
* Google Ads simplifies audience creation with new GA4 Audience builder.
* Google announced new updates to featured snippets with “new headings” for Also Asked Tab in search.
* Google roles out new updated desktop search design with new site names & more.
* Google Trends have a new look for 2023.
* Google Ads launches Performance max for Travel Goals.
* Google expands local service Ads to more than 70 new businesses.
* Tiktok launched “Series” a new feature that allows creators to charge for premium content.
* Tiktok is blocking links to App store from creator bios, limited business still have this access.
* Tiktok partnered with Dentsu on a new campaign performance tracking solution.
* Tiktok wins US trademark trial over stitch video feature.
* Belgium bans Tiktok from governmental devices.
* Tiktok provides new in-app prompt update on how it is protecting users.
* Instagram’s new “About this account” UI with Paid subscription mentioned is here with details about blue tick.
* Instagram was back online after Brief global outages this week.
* Meta is cutting off reels bonuses program for Instagram & Facebook reels.
* Meta is planning to lay off thousands of employees as soon as possible.
* Facebook made new mentions in a blogpost about Messenger coming back to Facebook app.
* Facebook is testing removal of Topics in its groups feature.
* Important: WhatsApp users in EU can disagree to terms & services as Meta agrees to EU to comply with consumer protection rights.
* WhatsApp can get banned in UK over the issues regarding end-to-end encryption.
* EU suggests Elon musk to hire more employees to moderate twitter.
* Twitter to charge $42k per month for API access for enterprises.
* Twitter’s privacy preserving Tor service is unavailable now.
* Elon musk says Q2 2023 will be profitable for Twitter after major changes.
* Twitter aims to add chat encryption, New DM features & emoji reactions by end of this month.
* Outages: Twitter was down multiple times this week, with desktop outages, Image loading errors & more.
* Youtube Updated their policies regarding Profanity after creator backlash, videos are eligible for monetisation.
* Youtube will stop showing overlay Ads on desktop starting next month.
* Snapchat launches new AR filters about election awareness ahead of Dutch Elections.
* Reddit is shutting down Reddit talks from March 21.
* Reddit launches separate feeds for readable & video content, many are calling it Tiktok clone.
* Child sensitive content is escaping Pinterest algorithm, but platform shared update regarding new content reporting tools launching next week.
* Pinterest shared new key insights on International Women’s day.
* Microsoft Bing AI working on save chats & more features.
* Global head of Microsoft advertising steps down.
* Microsoft layed off another set of 10,000 employees working in US.
* Code-free custom conversions, and 5 other new Microsoft Ad updates.
* Discord’s new AI features are getting user backlash.
* Spotify goes all in on creator economy with new video podcast deals with Viral creators.
* Twitch creators are angry as all the exclusive deals will go down, all creators will have a 50/50 revenue cut.
* Disney sells out Ad inventory for Oscars.
* Spotify revamps its app with new Tiktok style discovery feed & smart shuffle for playlist.
* DuckDuckGo is supposedly working on Generative AI features.
* Audi, Mars Nespresso to start using Attention marketplace “Adelaide” focused on attention metrics.
* Etsy deals seller payments due to silicon valley collapse.
* Telegram announces new power-saving mode.
**P.S. I share these updates with sources in my weekly newsletter (link in my bio), you can subscribe to receive these updates. Sometimes these are even deleted from mod hate, I appreciate you supporting my research.**
View Reddit by lazymentors – View Source